Sunday, November 1, 2009

I am available: Younis Khan

Sunday, November 01, 2009
DUBAI: Pakistan skipper Younis Khan is ready to come out of his retirement from Twenty20 cricket and play in two Twenty20 matches in Dubai on November 12 and 13.

“If team needs me and since matches are to be held in Dubai, it will be nice to play here,” he remarked Saturday in Dubai.

Younis retired from Twenty20 cricket after leading Pakistan to victory in T20 World Cup in June in England. He is not named in Twenty20 squad for Dubai that is being led by Shahid Afridi.

Asked what prompted him to return to T20 cricket, he said: “A lot of people especially many youngsters told me it is important that I continue playing T20 cricket too. If they still want and if my country still needs my service for this form of game, then I am ready. I will do anything for my country and for my teammates. So you may see me in T20 cricket again.”

He had quit as captain following match fixing allegations during Champions Trophy but Pakistan Cricket Board refused to accept his resignation. Younis said about incident: “I have just come out of a huge controversy. This time my whole nation was behind me. I am happy each and every one in Pakistan backed me in the incident. Today my mind is free and I can concentrate on my captaincy and on my form as well as the team.”

He feels New Zealand will not be an easy team to beat despite absence of many of their top players due to injury. “The positive factor about New Zealand is that they play as a team. They do not depend on only one player and that is why they reached final of Champions Trophy despite injuries to their top players. It will be tough competition here,” he said.

It was New Zealand that upset Pakistan’s chances of reaching the final of Champions Trophy by beating them in the semifinal.

On whether this series would be a revenge series for Pakistan, Younis said: “It will not be a revenge series but we have desire in our mind to defeat them. We cannot easily forget defeat to New Zealand in the semifinal.”

On New Zealand skipper Daniel Vettori’s remark that Pakistan pacer Mohammad Aamer will be most dangerous man in team, he said: “We have many match winners and not just Mohammed Aamer alone.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Deal of the week

$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com
free counters
Follow this site
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Usama | Blogger Theme by Humari News